Praise & Worship

Monday, March 2, 2009

Parents, what are they?

How comfortable are you at home?
How much do you like your home?
Do you appreciate the things your parents do?
If yes, what do you appreciate?

Complain. Complain. Complain.
Over-react. Over-react. Over-react.
But at the end of the day, what is it for?
Its not for themselves, but for their kids
Every night they worry so much because their child is not home yet
Fearing that their child might be in danger, they're unable to sleep
So after all, is it the child's fault that the parents have lack of sleep?
Obviously, a solid YES
Without even bringing the subject of siblings,
How much respect do parents receive everyday?
Or should I phrase it
Is the child even showing respect to their parents?
Must it be only when something bad happens before I wake up?
Must it be only when its a little too late before I regret?
Maybe its time I woke up
How many times already have my parents asked me a question,
And I simply turned my back against them?
Sorry, I lost count
To think of the fact that I actually penned down :

My parents think that I'm a good-for-nothing
My parents don't care about me


It really shows how much I care for this family
FAMILY - Father and Mother, I love you
How long has it been since I last said (or even whispered) that to my parents?
Sorry, I can't remember
And I've said it in front of the whole youth congregation
The false statements of my parents
Damage has already been done to my parents
And now I can only live with this guilt within me
A guilt that will never pass away (perhaps not for a short while)
I seek the Lord, so He may tell me something
All these while I've been sinning against God
Not showing my parents the honor that they're due
This relationship has been cut for too long
It is time that I've done something

So I've been misjudged by my parents
I've changed for the worst
ALL BECAUSE OF CHRISTIANITY
When I look back and reflect, I really have changed for the worst
But that is at home, and it has no regards to Christianity
Of course you both have heard 'testimonies' from teachers
Saying that I've changed a lot from Secondary 1 & 2
Changed for the BETTER
But that, I'm sure, is not enough to convince you both
You may threatened me
You may misjudge me
But I'll still stand firm on my grounds
If ever one day you ask me 'Who do you value more? God or us?'
I'll be ever sure that you'll get the answer you do not want to hear

Psalm 73:25-26
"Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."


Still, the guilt within me
It all just makes me want to do something
Even though the damage has been done
But I'm sure I can ease the pain inside now

Mum, Dad, I love you
Wait for my results, I'll please you both

No comments: